Sophie specialises in a wide range of disputes with particular experience of contentious insolvency matters acting for individuals, companies, directors, creditors and office holders on a wide range of issues arising from the insolvency and companies legislation. Sophie also has experience of director and shareholder disputes. In addition to advising on those matter Sophie has experience resolving landlord and tenant disputes, property management company disputes, property rights disputes as well as general contractual disputes and debt recovery.
- Providing advice on statutory demands, the presentation of creditors’ bankruptcy petitions and the annulment of bankruptcy orders.
- Advising trustees in bankruptcy on assignments of causes of action and reviewable transactions.
- Advising office holder on issues arising out of administration and liquidation, directors on their duties and obligations under the insolvency legislation and creditors on recovery of assets.
Director & shareholder disputes
- Providing advice to a non-executive director on an attempt to remove him as a director and alleged breaches of his duties as a director.
- Advising a director/shareholder of a company regarding breaches of director’s duties, advising on derivative action, unfair prejudice petition and equitable winding up.
- Advising landlords on regaining possession of properties.
- Acting for a management company of a block of flats in respect of breaches of the lease by one of the tenants, and in respect of a boundary dispute.
- Advising directors of a management company of a block of flats where a dispute had arisen with one of the other directors and preparing a settlement agreement.
- Advising on a nuisance/trespass claim involving an easement, and an application for an injunction to abate the nuisance.
- Dealing with applications to the Land Tribunal for enfranchisement of leasehold land.
- Advising on a range of contractual claims including misrepresentation claims, advising on a claim where money was loaned to another party, and the other party alleged the loan was a gift.
- Defending a breach of contract claim against our client relating to the installation of a lift involving arguments of estoppel by representation/silence and frustration.
- Defending a claim against a client in the building trade for alleged negligence and defective work.
Qualifications and Experience
- History and Italian degree 1996
- Qualified as a Solicitor 2006
Supervised by Elizabeth Fry