Meet the team
Chartered Legal Executive
Services: Moving Home
Tel: 01454 316789
What our clients have to say
"Lydia was very professional at the highest level, she is a credit to your company again thanks Lydia."
"Lydia, has been absolutely fantastic. She made things very clear and understandable, and would respond to emails and calls promptly. Would highly recommend service."
"Excellent service all round, and the office staff at the Yate office were lovely. Would not hesitate to recommend Wards in the future."
Lydia deals with the full range of property related work including:
- Purchase of Property – including repossession, auction, right to buy, shared ownership, new build and investment.
- Sale of Property – including shared ownership, auction, sale by private treaty, sale under Power of Attorney, repossession and investment.
- Mortgages/Re-mortgages – helping clients to either mortgage their property for the first time/to release equity/to transfer ownership with/subject to an existing mortgage.
- Sale and purchases of Part – including buying land for a small developer to build a new property and once the property is complete, dealing with the sale of the plot i.e. transfer of part.
- Selling land with planning permission for a new build
- Sale/purchase of property by auction – including putting together the auction pack for the seller, attending the auction on behalf of a seller to exchange contracts on a successful bid, checking auction packs for clients who wish to bid for a property at auction and dealing with legal paperwork within the usual 21/28 day deadline.
- Transfers of Property for clients following relationship breakdown, death or by agreement.
- Assisting First Time Buyers and explaining the process.
- Voluntary First Registration
Lydia is a members of Sodbury & Yate Business Association.
Lydia said: “I always aim to be friendly, approachable and thorough in my work. I work hard to achieve a good result for the client within the timescale either required by the client or the chain as whole.
Clients say they appreciate my being approachable, whether face-to-face, over the telephone or by email. They also feel supported by my clear explanations of the process and timescale involved”.
What’s the best thing about your job?
Hearing the clients’ delight that contracts have been exchanged and they can now plan their move… and then completion day – when the client finally picks up the keys to their new home.
Why should people come to you for legal advice?
By providing local, legal knowledge we’re able to make sure that every issue is properly thought out and planned. You get a personal, accessible service which means you won’t feel you’re handling everything on your own.
2007: Qualified as Fellow of The Institute of Legal Executives
2002: Joined Wards Solicitors as a residential property lawyer