Our charges for working for individual clients on the remortgage of a residential property that is their home are:
(a) The usual cost of the service: £425 plus VAT of £85 – total including VAT £510. Equity release type mortgages: £695 plus VAT of £139 – total including VAT £834. An additional charge of £42 inclusive of VAT applies for repaying each existing mortgage.
(b) Other fees you may have to pay:
- Searches required by the lender normally cost about £200
- Land Registry downloads/completion searches – about £20-30
- Land Registration fee –range £20-125.
- Other additional charges may need to be paid where the property is subject to an estate rent charge or where the property is leasehold depending on the title/lease terms.
(c) The fees above are for remortgage cases:
- involving a mainstream lender,
- where the lender does not appoint separate solicitors,
- where the legal title is registered
- where we act for a non-corporate borrower and
- do not include other services such as any transfer between parties of the title.