Amy specialises in family, divorce and relationship breakdown matters as well as issues concerning children and finances.
Examples of her work include:
- Divorce and finances: Cases on behalf of both wives and husbands in cases where there are and are not minority children. These include cases with complex financial considerations including very valuable pensions, (particularly police pensions and arm forces pensions). Concluding matters both outside of court proceedings through negotiations and within court proceedings whilst keeping costs to a minimum.
- Children matters i.e. contact and residence disputes: Acting for the mother of a child where the father suffered a brain injury raising questions over his ability to care and protect the child. This case involved the Official Solicitor, due to the father lacking mental capacity to conduct his own case. Amy has also acted in other complex contact and residence disputes, on occasions working with guardians appointed to represent the best interests of the children.
- Domestic abuse injunctions: In a severe domestic abuse case Amy successfully obtained a Non-Molestation Order Injunction, protecting the client for an indefinite period of time, excluding the perpetrator from three counties.
Amy said: “Mistakes can be costly. In financial cases you need specialist advice to ensure that you are getting a fair settlement. Where there are children and other parties involved legal advice is key to ensuring that everyone is adequately protected whether that is financially or in the physical sense of the word”.
Qualifications and Experience
- Law degree 2006
- Qualified as a Solicitor in 2010
- Family Law Advanced Accreditation with the Law Society
- Has specialised in Family Law cases since 2010
Supervised by Alison Bradley