Andrew is a highly experienced specialist solicitor working across the areas of Wills, Probate and Mental Capacity as well as Trust Creation and Management. He also deals with estate administration. His expertise includes:
- Writing complex, tax efficient Wills to protect assets for family members and to maximise inheritance tax relief;
- Setting up Wills incorporating trusts with a number of important benefits including Inheritance Tax relief, providing for a spouse from a second marriage, ensuring an estate passes to the next generation after a spouse’s death and reflecting unequal contributions to the deposit of a house purchase;
- Inheritance Tax planning – advising clients on how their current estate qualifies for certain reliefs, for example Business Property Relief, and how legitimate Inheritance Tax exemptions work and how to take advantage of them.
Qualifications and Experience
- Law degree 1994
- Qualified as a Solicitor in 2002
- Full member of Society of Trust and Estate Planners (STEP) since 2007
- Full member of Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE) since 2009
- Has specialised in Wills, Trusts and Estate planning since 2001
Supervised by Jenny Pierce.