Jessica is a member of the firm’s Family Law & Divorce team, specialising in all matters relating to relationship breakdown – in particular those involving complex business and financial elements and children.
Examples of her work include:
Financial aspects of relationship breakdown
- Dealing with financial court proceedings and negotiating financial settlements.
- Dealing with cases with overseas properties, property adjustment orders and dealing with development land/arable land within divorce proceedings.
- Dealing with spousal maintenance and child maintenance
- Dealing with pension splitting and the resolution of financial planning aspects of divorce.
Children Contact and Residence
- Obtaining contact orders and obtaining orders for no contact (where relevant).
- Dealing with cases where there is an element of domestic abuse or domestic abuse is alleged successfully obtaining findings of abuse (finding of fact hearings) and quashing claims of violence in finding of fact hearings by obtaining and producing evidential facts.
- Advising in residence applications and removal from the jurisdiction cases.
- Acting in undefended divorce proceedings.
- Acting in defended divorce proceedings and successfully obtaining the divorce.
- Advising and completing divorces, including dealing with missing spouses and deemed service of proceedings (where spouses won’t return the acknowledgment of service, thereby prohibiting matters from concluding).
- Dealing with cross-petitions.
- Dealing with cases where there are proceedings issued in another jurisdiction.
Non-molestation injunctions and Harassment orders
- Examples include obtaining an injunction for a rape victim, a severe domestic abuse and harassment order for a neighbour dispute, injunctions against family members and warning letters.
- Working closely with Survive (a local charity that supports women and children that have experienced domestic violence).
- Providing legal advice at the Survive drop-in advice centres, for women who have suffered domestic violence.
- Working with Sovereign Housing Association to assist those that are experiencing violence (both men and women).
Jessica said, “I provide an efficient personal service and do my utmost to achieve the best result for the client as well as manage expectations. I pride myself on giving frank advice, if I think they are being unreasonable and the court would not favour their position.
I, like the other members of the Family & Divorce team, have lots of energy, which can make a big difference at a sensitive time. I’m pro-active and ensure my clients’ cases are moved forward to an end result as well as offering a tailor-made package that is designed to achieve their objectives”.
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified as a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives in 2006 and then as a Solicitor in 2008
- Has specialised in Family Law cases since 2008
Supervised by Alison Bradley.