Partner, Head of Corporate Commercial
Marina is an experienced lawyer who assists individuals, partnerships and companies, particularly Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), with all aspects of corporate and commercial law.
Marina has a successful track record in share and asset sales and purchase, funding arrangements, business structure and company re-organisations. She also works on share buy backs, complex share structure and shareholder agreements.
In addition, she regularly helps directors or shareholders struggling with disagreements within their business to find pragmatic solutions as well as advising in cases of financial distress and/or formal insolvency.
Recommended by clients for her straightforward, commercial and personal approach, she has worked in Bristol and London since qualifying in 2008.
Examples of her work include:
Numerous acquisitions and disposals of companies and businesses including:
- Acting for the shareholders in a circa £17 million sale of a nursery company with more than 15 settings held in a number of subsidiaries;
- Working on behalf of the management team on a circa £7 million buyout of a nationwide manufacturing company;
- Advising on the sale of a chain of dentists’ practices in the south west of England for more than £10 million.
Joint venture agreements/funding arrangements including:
- Arrangements to enable the purchase of a prestigious local building and the development of three luxury flats within it;
- Setting up the structure to enable the purchase and development of a block of 18 flats, including an element of crowdfunding.
Solvent restructuring including:
- Effecting the restructure of a large firm of surveyors to enable an unplanned retirement and promotion in a very short timescale;
- Managing a 50/50 shareholder dispute to an agreed exit strategy put in place by way of a share buy back.
Insolvency advice including:
- Appointing and/or advising numerous insolvency practitioners in their capacity as administrators, liquidators or trustees in bankruptcy;
- Assisting directors facing creditor pressure, either themselves or their suppliers, as to their directors’ duties and next steps for the company to protect the same.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualified as a Solicitor in 2008