Alison deals with Will drafting, Administration of Estates, Court of Protection and Mental Capacity work including the application and registration of Lasting Powers of Attorney, Deputyship Applications and Statutory Will Applications.
Examples of Alison’s work include:
- Advising clients of the different Will options and preparing Wills to meet their needs and circumstances
- Assisting clients with Grant of Probate applications and dealing with the full Estate administration
- Preparing a Statutory Will application where the client lacks capacity and has no Will in place. This involves liaising with family members, the Court and the Official Solicitor to agree a Will which is in the best interests of the client
- Assisting clients in the preparation of Deputyship Applications, including professional appointments
- Preparing Deputy Reports
- Dealing with the day to day management of Attorneyship and Deputyship files which involves working with family members, care homes, social services and various financial institutions.
Alison says: ‘ Everyone is different and I understand the importance of listening and asking the right questions so that I can deliver the appropriate advice for my clients.’
Qualifications and Experience
- Law degree 2011
- Qualified as a Solicitor in 2015
- Has specialised in Wills, Trusts and Estate planning since 2015
- Full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Planners (STEP)
Supervised by Jenny Pierce