Our Wills, Probate and Mental Capacity team is led by Jenny Pierce, who is a trustee for BRACE Dementia Research and a director of Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE), the national association of specialist lawyers set up to support and make a difference to older and vulnerable people.
In fact, most of the 23-strong team are SFE members, which means that as well as being experts in the law, they all have an informed understanding of the mental and physical difficulties which can affect older people as well as the health and social problems they may be facing.
Many of our lawyers are also fully accredited members of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) with specialist qualifications in advising elderly clients.
What services do we offer?
We are highly experienced in providing a wealth of specialist guidance to older and vulnerable people, their families and carers, including:
- Making or updating your Will
- Appointing Lasting Power of Attorneys
- Protecting your finances, personal and health affairs if you lose mental capacity
- Court of Protection matters
- Deputyship matters
- Care funding and protection of your assets
- Gifting of assets during your lifetime
- Advanced Decisions (Living Wills)
- Estate and Inheritance Tax planning