Tom specialises in advising clients on Will drafting, probate and estate administration, trust creation and implementation, trust administration, capital tax planning, Court of Protection and Mental Capacity work including Deputyships, Lasting Powers of Attorney and Advance Directives.
Tom says: “Clients should use a solicitor for their Wills in order to get professional tailored advice, suited to their individual needs, rather than a one-size-fits-all approach seen with DIY Wills and some Will Writer Wills.”
Legal 500 2017 Wards Solicitors is recommended for Personal Tax, Trusts and Probate and Tom Scoffham is recommended in the editorial – ‘very efficient and knowledgeable’.
Qualifications and Experience
- Law degree 2001
- Qualified as a Solicitor in 2005
- Member of Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE) since 2012
- Full member of Society of Trust and Estate Planners (STEP) since 2012
- Member of Law Society Probate Section
- Has specialised in Wills, Probate and Mental Capacity since 2005
Supervised by Jenny Pierce