Helen specialises in all areas of personal injury and medical negligence claims. In particular these include:
- Road traffic accident claims (including claims against the Motor Insurers Bureau when a third party is uninsured or untraced);
- Accidents at work;
- Product liability claims (including acting for a claimant who had swallowed shards of glass in a pie and acting for a claimant injured in a road traffic accident when a defective tyre burst);
- Medical negligence claims (including acting for a claimant injured during cosmetic surgery);
- Accidents caused by animals;
- Accidents abroad (including a claim by a holidaymaker injured by the broken surface of a swimming pool in Turkey);
- Claims against the police (including wrongful arrest, false imprisonment and assault);
- Assault claims (both civil claims against the assailant and claims against The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority);
- Claims against local authorities (where the local authority failed to protect someone as a child by removing them from the care of their parent/carer);
- Sexual abuse claims (including acting for victims of sexual abuse in claims against an individual, schools, church and/or local authority);
- Hairdressing claims (where a claimant’s hair has sustained significant damage from the application of chemicals to tint and/or perm it);
- Occupational stress and harassment claims (including acting for victims of bullying in the workplace); and
- Any claim where someone has suffered injury through the fault of another.
Helen says: “It may be tempting to call a phone number on TV to talk about personal injury but don’t. It’s a specialist field for which you should seek expert advice.”
Chambers & Partners 2020 – Ranked Lawyer
Legal 500 2019 Wards Solicitors is recommended for Personal Injury and Helen Boyd is described as “very experienced”.
Legal 500 2017 Wards Solicitors is recommended for Personal Injury and Helen Boyd is particularly recommended for her “approachable personality”.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in French and Italian 1990
- Qualified as a Solicitor in 1992
- Member of Law Society’s Personal Injury panel since 2008
- Has specialised in Accident and Injury law since 1992
Supervised by Alison Underhill