Jasbir ‘Ruby’ Sandhu
Jasbir, who is known as Ruby, specialises in Commercial Property law. Her areas of expertise are commercial property sales, purchases and leases including long and medium term lettings and pop-up businesses, development and regeneration of land and buildings including the sale of land for commercial development and landlord and tenant issues. She speaks fluent Punjabi.
Examples of her work include:
Commercial Property Sales and Purchases
- Playing a lead role in the purchase of an office block with commercial tenants where there were significant issues with the boundary of the building and the registered title;
- Selling a mixed use commercial property and due to an appropriately worded overage clause receiving a £350k payment when the greater area of the property was used as a showroom rather than a warehouse.
Development and regeneration, involved in:
- The development of a vacant office block including the removal of restrictive covenants to secure 999 year leases over three new retail units and serving notices to end leases in an adjacent retail block with a view to demolishing and landscaping that area;
- The sale of land for retail development ensuring that a developer had an agreement for lease with a preferred tenant prior to completion;
- The sale of land for residential development ensuring that relevant restrictions were in place to ensure that necessary works were undertaken for the benefit of the seller.
Landlord and Tenant
- Responsible for my clients full commercial portfolio including both short and long term commercial leases for every kind of commercial property from warehouse to office to retail unit. Also dealing with lease surrenders, assignments and subleases also drafting agreements for leases dependent upon completion of works.
Qualifications and Experience
- Law and Psychosocial Studies degree
- Qualified as a Solicitor in 2004
- Has specialised in Commercial Property since 2007
Supervised by Heather Jones