Ruth specialises in advising on matters relating to Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney, estate administration, wealth preservation and advising elderly clients on preparing for the future. Particular areas of expertise include:
- Court of Protection matters, including health and welfare deputyship, financial deputyship, applications to the court as well as the appointment and removal of trustees.
- Wills and Powers of Attorney matters, for example tax planning, wealth preservation, funding care and looking after someone else’s affairs.
- Estate administration and Probate, for example advising on intestate estates, complex estates and trusts.
Ruth says: “Clients say they appreciate the fact that I am efficient, knowledgeable and able to solve difficult problems”.
Legal 500 2019 Wards Solicitors is recommended for Personal Tax, Trusts and Probate for providing ‘service levels of a very high standard’ and Ruth Coles is recommended in the editorial – ‘always very approachable and efficient’
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in English Literature 1996, PGCE 1998
- Qualified as a Solicitor in 2008
- Full member of Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) since 2016
- Full accredited member of Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE) since 2017 (Regional Co-Ordinator since 2010)
- Has specialised in Wills, Probate and Mental Capacity since 2007
Supervised by Jenny Pierce