She is a very experienced police station representative and advocate in the Magistrates and Youth Court. She is very thorough in preparing Crown Court cases and ensures the client is supported throughout the process.
Maxine does not undertake any legally aided defence work.
Her specialisms include dealing with Road Traffic Offences and she has vast experience in dealing with general criminal offences including; Violent Offences, Public Order Offences, Theft, Fraud and Sexual Offences. She has extensive experience in representing youths and defending vulnerable clients with complex needs/disabilities/mental and physical health conditions.
Maxine is very approachable and understands the impact any criminal allegation can have on someone’s life and the importance of providing continuity of service from the initial interview under caution to the conclusion of the case.
Examples of work include:
Road Traffic Offences
- Acting for drivers who exceed the speed limit and are facing either an immediate ban or a ban under the ‘totting up’ provisions for totalling 12 points within a three year period.
- Representing people accused of being drunk in charge, drink driving, drug driving and failing to provide.
- Successfully representing a client who was a professional driver accused of Dangerous Driving whereby he would have lost his employment if convicted.
- Successfully defending someone accused of driving whilst disqualified.
- Defending those accused of failing to stop and/or failing to report an accident.
- Defending clients accused of causing serious injury by dangerous driving and death by dangerous driving.
Representing clients accused of a range of violent offences including; murder, GBH with intent, ABH, assault by beating and common assault.
- Defending clients accused of a range of public order act offences from harassment to Violent Disorder.
- Acting for clients accused of a range of offences from shoplifting to theft from employer to fraud allegations.
- Representing people accused of rape, historical sex offences, sexual assault offences from the age of 14 to their late 80’s.
- Representing clients accused of being in possession of indecent images.
- Representing people accused of possession of drugs, cultivation of cannabis and possession with intent to supply.
- Representing people in relation to Proceeds of Crime Act
Qualifications and Experience
- LLB Hons Degree 2000
- Qualified as a Solicitor in 2004
- Has specialised in Criminal Defence work since 2004
- Has also worked for HMCTS as a legal advisor in training for 18 months advising and assisting the Magistrates in relation to all aspects of criminal law
- Has created and produced a podcast series in her spare time focusing on high profile UK miscarriage of justice cases