Rent arrears and rent recovery banner

Services For You

Moving quickly to minimise the damage is key and our Residential Property Disputes Team here at Wards Solicitors, highly experienced in this area of the law, can talk you through exactly what you need to do to get things moving in the right direction.

What can I do to recover rent arrears from a residential tenant?

There are a number of different procedures available to you and we can advise on those that best fit your individual circumstances. They include:

  • County Court claims;
  • Using the government’s Money Claims Online service;
  • Pursuing rent guarantors;
  • Drafting a Section 8 notice for rent arrears to regain possession of your property as soon as possible.

How can I re-let my property?

Unsurprisingly, most residential landlords want to re-let their properties to tenants who will pay the rent as it falls due.

In some cases, recovering rent will take second place to securing possession but it is always worth considering cost effective methods of rent recovery once possession has been secured.

Keeping you in the picture

Our Residential Property Disputes lawyers will always make you aware of all the available options, the pros and cons of each as well as the likely costs.

We also focus on what you yourself can do to improve the situation with your tenants and find amicable solutions.

"Its been refreshing to deal with somebody as professional and efficient as yourself, especially your prompt communication throughout. These seem to be rare attributes these days."

"Both Lucia & her office were extremely efficient & professional, a pleasure to deal with. Will be recommended."

"Richard dealt with my case very effectively, in a friendly and professional manner, and I was always treated with respect. I will definitely use Wards again."

"Rebecca helped me with a separation agreement. The whole process went very smoothly and she always provided a prompt response to any questions I had. I would definitely recommend Rebecca"